Insight Bible College of Divinity
Become an enlightened student thru the Word!
Insight Bible College welcomes any student who wishes to integrate the world of knowledge with the realities of Christian living. Subject to available space, an individual with the necessary academic background, financial resources, and character references and who is willing to accept the policies of the College as well as to adjust to its philosophical, religious, social, and cultural atmosphere may be admitted to the academic programs. Insight Bible College accepts each qualified individual without discrimination on the basis of race, sex, age, language, color, national origin or religion. Disabled applicants may be accommodated provided the courses applied for are those, which the applicants are physically able to cope with.
An applicant may be admitted upon fulfilling five basic criteria: scholastic achievement, good character, financial support, good health, and intentions and interests in harmony with the philosophy and purpose of the College. Admission is a privilege. Insight Bible College reserves the right of final decision on matters of entrance, retention, and withdrawal.
To be considered academically qualified for regular college admission, a student must attain one of the following standards.
Completion of an accredited secondary high school program (a twelve-year primary and secondary school program under ordinary circumstances) and/or successful passing of external examinations administered by the official or accredited educational agencies recognized by the local government in the applicant’s country. Examples of these standards are:
- High school equivalency test, such as the GED Test with an average standard score of 50 on the five sections of the test and with no score less than 45 on any section.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) with a total score of 990 or above for the verbal (V) and quantitative (M) sections or a score of 21 composite or higher for the American College Test (ACT).
Successful completion of an accredited college, Bible college or preparatory program at the twelfth-grade level with a minimum 2.00 grade point average or the equivalent.
FOREIGN STUDENT POLICY
All foreign students are required to take at least a 16-credit course load per quarter (except for students on academic probation) to fulfill all the major and general studies requirements within the normal 4-year program (required by the Immigration Department) (16 cr x 3 qtr x 4 yr = 192 cr). Summer quarters provide room for the following:
- Extra electives
- Necessary adjustments when programs are lengthened because of repeat, academic probation, etc.
- Extra language courses as needed to fulfill prerequisites.
- Courses under curriculum consultants from CMDSS (these are required for students in the affiliation program).
- Once registered in a specific major, a student may only request for a change in a program through a petition to the Academic Council. Approval may only be granted on an individual basis as deemed appropriate by the Council based on the reasons given or other criteria. This change will be immediately reported to the Immigration Department for amendment of their record.
- A foreign student who is absent from classes beyond the allowed number of absences (regardless of reasons) may be subjected to suspension from continuing his or her study. Absences will be reported to the Immigration Department.
An applicant for admission must submit all relevant documents and fulfill the following requirements:
- A completed admission application form.
- A USA $50.00 application fee.This fee is not refundable.
- An inital tuition payment of USA $450.00. (TOTAL $500.00)
- An official transcript of records from high school(s) and college(s) previously attended. The applicant is responsible for having these transcripts sent directly from the previous school(s) to the Registrar.
- Certified copies of all diplomas, certificates, transcripts, grade reports, test scores, and any other evidence of academic accomplishments attesting to the eligibility and qualification for college entrance.
NOTE: All documents must be certified by a notary public, magistrate, school principal, or equivalent legal authority. Photocopies without the appropriate original signature or seal are not accepted as evidence of academic achievements.
- A completed residence application form (if the applicant desires to live in a school dormitory residence).
- The financial guarantee form completed by the sponsor or parent responsible for payment of school expenses. Documented proof of ability to provide financial support must be supplied with the application.
- A completed health certificate or physical examination form issued by a registered physician or a reputable hospital, if on campus.
Character references from two reputable persons who have known the applicant personally in an academic or religious setting, but who are not in any way related. These recommendations, on the prescribed forms, should be sent directly to the College Registrar.
Upon receipt of all forms and documents, the Admissions Council takes official action and the applicant is notified of its decision. An official letter of acceptance will be sent to all accepted students.
The student, upon acceptance, should notify the College of the expected date of arrival on campus so that the necessary arrangements can be made to receive him or her. Foreign students should indicate the flight details and time of arrival. If you are studying online, it is not necessary to notify the college, you will be notified when your courses will start.
Insight Bible College does not discriminate against any applicant on grounds of age, religious preference, gender, race, color, ethnic/national origin, or physical disability
All correspondence or inquiries are to be addressed to:
- The Registrar